Monday, February 07, 2011

Less than two weeks

My first marathon is less than 2 weeks away. And yes, I did say first because I don't think this will be my only one. I am hopeful that in the future there will be another.

I had a friend ask me last night if I was ready, and I replied no. Because I don't feel ready. I have missed a few runs. I am not fast. I haven't run over 20 miles. I don't know what to expect. Luckily, my friend in Texas who normally is faster than me has slowed down some due to injuries, so I don't think I will be running the marathon all by myself. Which honestly I have trained 90% by myself, so I think I would be okay.

I think I just need to stop thinking for the next 2 weeks.

This week my long run is only 8 miles. I haven't had that in months...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck!! Great attitude going in - I can't imagine doing a full! Don't worry about speed! Finishing 26.2 slowly is still finishing- and doing more than probably 99% of the population! Can't wait to read all about it!