Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Change My Name!!



No, no, I am not going to change my name, although hearing "Hey Mommy" a couple hundred times a day does make me ponder it from time to time....


We were outside playing the other night and Ashley was in her red wagon. Jessica, a girl that lives on our street that Ashley idolizes (Jessica is eight and plays with Ashley anytime they are outside together), was on her bike talking to us. It is pretty cute how Ashley is having real conversations now. She asked Jessica what she got for her birthday as her birthday was the day after Ashley's. We were getting ready to roll away when Ashley announced she wanted to change her name. "To what?" I asked. "Jessica", Ashley responded very shyly. Where in the world did that come from? We went inside and I told Ray about it. He said that he thought maybe one of the teachers at school said something about changing their names. Sure enough, Ray went to school the next day and asked Ms. Stanley about it. According to Ms. Stanley, Ashley is one of those kids who is constantly "Ms. Stanley, Ms. Stanley, Ms. Stanley." I totally believe it because as I said earlier, all I hear at home is "Hey Mommy, hey Mommy, hey Mommy". So Ms. Stanley told Ashley she was going to change her name. Hence Ashley wanting to change her name to Jessica. Hopefully she forgets about it and we don't have to go to the courthouse and stand in line and get a new birth certificate. That would suck.

4 comments:

SJINCO said...

You think the "Hey Mommy" is bad enough to hear a hundred times in any given day, just wait until the "Why" questions start! That's next up on the agenda, I guarantee it!!!! Gear up now and start thinking of creative responses, you'll need them....

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I agree with sj...wait until the "why", you'll LOVE it.

I love those pics too!

Michele_3 said...

Too cute!
I hear "Mama" all day-my little one is super crazy about calling me for everything- & my older two constantly tell me stories & ask me question 24/7..
The life of a mom huh?
LOL!

Amy W said...

I have only gotten the why question a couple of times, I am waiting on pins and needles for those!! If Audrey talks as much as Ashley does, I am in trouble.