Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Talent Show


Today was a talent show at Ashley and Audrey's school (that's Ashley in the purple dress). Only Ashley's class and older participated (I guess they can't really get babies to do any tricks). Ashley's class sang some hippo song first that I couldn't really understand the words, and then they played on a cd player, "This Little Light Of Mine" and sang along. It was so unbelievably cute.

I had to hold back tears as I watched Ashley. Heck, I had to hold back tears as I watched an older class do the Macarena. I am pretty pathetic. If this is what it is going to be like every time she has a performance, then I am in trouble. It was just so amazing to see Ashley up there, in front of all those people doing her own thing. And it was so cute how she would look for me and Ray in the audience, making sure we were there, and then looking back at her teachers or the other kids. I will try to always be there for her, waiting in the sidelines, making sure she is okay.

So I couldn't get the video to load into blogger, so I loaded it into YouTube. Hopefully you guys can see this, it is cute. And hopefully the Grandparents can figure it out, if not, give me a call, I will walk you old people through it.

2 comments:

Michele_3 said...

Awh, that is so cute!
I still cry going to school plays,concerts etc.. for my 2 oldest & they are 8 & 9!
Get ready because you'll never stop get teary eyed when one of your babies is up there! It's a proud moment!
Take care :)

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

So cute!! I cried at Bug's recital for every single dance (and she was only in 1). Having kids makes you an emotional mess :)