Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Should Be the New Flag Day


Many people wrote about 9/11 today. I spent a while at my desk at work yesterday crying at the pictures of the kids who lost their parents on that day. Because to me, that's what hurts the most - the kids who lost their parents. Loss of life in anyway is sad, but having kids of my own now makes me realize just how important life is. What I really think about on 9/11? I think about how am I going to tell my daughters about that day, or how am I going to make them understand what everyone in our country felt that day, no matter where you were.

2 comments:

Silly Hily said...

I have also been thinking a lot of my kids during this 5th anniversary of the attacks. I don't know why it's hitting me so hard this year, maybe b/c I have two now, or maybe b/c of all the media coverage with it being five years. Maybe it's the fear that it's been five years and it's only a matter of time before it happens again and how will I protect my kids? Again, don't know but I've been doing a lot of thinking and honestly, it's scaring the shit out of me.

Michele_3 said...

My oldest son knows & is very aware of the day(he remembers seeing it all on t.v) & what the terrosists did..
They talk about it in school every year on the anniversary & I think it helps him deal with it better hearing what other kids think and so on..
My 2 youngest aren't very aware of it & I always wonder how to explain such a hateful thing to my precious guys..Take care!