Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Halloween


Yes, it is only the beginning of September, but I tend to think about holidays pretty early. So I asked Ashley the other day what she wanted to be for Halloween thinking she would say a princess or a ballerina or JoJo again (the costume from last year might still fit her). Nope, none of those. She wants to be a PUMPKIN. I have no idea why.

Then I got the Pottery Barn Kids Catalogue in the mail and showed her the pumpkin costume in there (which wouldn't fit her because the biggest size was 2T-3T). I asked her if she really wanted to be that and she continued to say yes. So then I thought, let's look at the Disney website at the princess costumes! Brilliant Idea!! So I think I have finally convinced her to be a princess. But what princess, I don't know because every time I try to nail Ashley down on which princess (Ariel, Belle, Cinderella) she states that she just wants to be a princess. Good, I can buy the generic costume from Target.

In my early searching of costumes, I did come across this Doodlebops costume. Yes, I dislike the Doodlebops (not because they are Canadian, I swear Jen!), but look at the hands on this costume. How scary.

6 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

Was that on the Disney website? I know how much you dislike them, but thanks to your link a couple of weeks ago I found out that they are coming to our city in concert! My daugther LOVES them! I can't wait to take her, and if she see's that costuem she's going to die! Let me know!

Thanks!

Jaki said...

YES!!! I want to know where you found that costume too!!! Did they have the Rooney and Moe too?? I totaly want Jeremy to be Moe!!!! How fun!

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Bug wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I figured she'd want to be a princess again but she tricked me!

I didn't think about Pottery Barn. Now I need to go check out their costumes!!

Silly Hily said...

I can't stand the Doodlebops! I can handle Dora any day over them and that's saying a lot (or not saying a lot).
Hollow Squirrel (she's on my roll call) posted a pic of a little Elvis type costume that I'm totally going to get to throw Silly Boy in. He'll hate me forever but I'll score big points with the hubby when I surprise him with it since he's a huge Elvis fan. It really is cute though.
As far as Silly Girl, who knows what she'll end up wanting to be. I can't believe it's almost time for THE holidays!

Amy W said...

Here is where I found the costume. http://www.wackyplanet.com/doodlebops-rooney-halloween-costume.html

Hope this helps!

Michele_3 said...

Were already talking costumes over here too-It seems like every year it gets more expensive too!
My oldest wants to be Jack Sparrow & my youngest wants to be Super-Man..My middle one wants to be a dinosaur!
So your daughter was JoJO last year, I bet that was so cute! I have never seen a JOJO costume..
I miss out on seeing these things having boys & all their superhero things- LOL!