Thursday, October 19, 2006

Gone with Guilt

I leave tomorrow morning for Disney with Ashley. Back when we were planning this short trip (short due to the fact that I don’t have that much leave at work since I just started here in May) we went back and forth on bringing Audrey or not. In the end, we decided Ray would stay home with Audrey and I would take Ashley by myself. I was super excited, a Disney trip with a 3 year old who will totally be into everything.

But now I am just sad that I have to leave Audrey and Ray at home. Audrey cries now when I go out of her sight. She is just now getting so much personality and is so cute. And I have never been away from Audrey overnight and I never left Ashley for longer than 3 days, and we will be gone 4 nights.

And Ray is the one who normally makes the decisions, helps me keep my head level, and of course, calculates tips faster than any other human being. I am going to have to break out my cell phone just to figure out how much tip to leave at meals. (Yes, I am an accountant, but I am thoroughly attached to my ten-key.) And I feel guilty that he will be the only one there to get up with Audrey if she has a bad night.

I am sure Ashley and I will have a great time. I am trying to cram a lot in this trip, so hopefully Ashley can keep up. I just can’t help feeling guilty for my whole family not going.

On another note, I am not taking my laptop with me. I have enough to carry on to worry about a laptop. I will most likely have the shakes from lack of reading my favorite blogs everyday, but I promise to catch up when I return.

7 comments:

Michele_3 said...

Don't worry, take this special time with Ashley & enjoy every minute of it.
When Audrey gets older then take her with you back to WDW for your own little special trip as well..
She is in good hands, so have fun & try not to worry to much!

My husband is the master of tipping at resturants too-
I'm always asking him- how much..
Have a safe trip & most of all, Have fun!

SJINCO said...

Have a great time! And don't worry about Ray and Audrey, they will enjoy the bonding experience as much as you and Ashley will!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Oh, Ashley will have so much fun in Disney. The magic and wonderment is still there for her. Don't worry about leaving Audrey at home. It will give you some special time with Ashley and Ray some special time with Audrey. Just be prepared for Audrey to not let you anywhere out of her sight for a little while once you get back. Have a safe trip!

Happy Working Mom said...

Have a great time! Don't worry about Audrey...she will never know and when you get back within minutes it will be like you never left! Have a great time with Ashley...I'm really jealous, I love spending time with my 3 year-old alone!

Jaki said...

Have fun and don't feel guilty...ditto what everyone else said! Ashley is the one that is old enought to remember her special trip...just her and Mommy! Audrey will never even remember that you left her....unless Ashley continues to remind her!

I am also glad to hear that you will be leaving your laptop behind! We will miss your daily posts but will look forward to your return and LOTS of pictures!!! So...don't forget your camera!

Erin said...

I know you're already gone, but I hope you had a fabulous time! What could be better than a little mother daughter bonding time at Disney!!

Hope you took lots of pictures!

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Hope the two of you have a great time! Can't wait to see the pictures!