Thursday, October 19, 2006

Things that happened on this day in history:

1985 – The first Blockbuster Video store opens in Dallas, TX
1987 – Better known as Black Monday when the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 22.6%
1991 – 7.0 Richter Scale earthquake in Northern Italy – 2000 dead
2002 – A 37 year old man was seriously wounded outside a steakhouse in Ashland, Va in the latest shooting linked by authorities to the Washington sniper case (this one hits closest to home as Ray and I lived through this ordeal in Va at the time)
2003 – David Blaine finally ended his 44 day endurance stunt of being sealed inside a transparent case suspended 30 feet in the air over Potters Field Park, located in London
2004 – Alain Robert dons a Spider Man costume and climbs a building
2005 – Hurricane Wilma becomes the most intense Atlantic hurricane on record with a minimum pressure of 882 mb.

I also share a birthday with Evander Holyfield, Ty Pennington and John Lithgow. I also really share a birthday with my twin brother Michael Bruce Trice. He was born first, and I came 5 minutes later. Hope you have a great birthday Mike!

7 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Wow, it seems like the sniper attacks were not that long ago. Time flies the older you get, sadly. Hope you had a good b-day.

Michele_3 said...

Happy,Happy Birthday to you!
hope your day was very special too!

I rember the sniper case- I felt so bad for all the people who were living through that ordeal of not knowing if they were safe outside anymore..Very Sad!

Take care!
:)

Amy W said...

My birthday is actually the 19th, I wrote this last night and forgot to change the post date. Anyways, it's fixed now and thanks for all the birthday wishes!

SJINCO said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!

Ty Pennington? You're so lucky. I 'heart' him.

DC Sniper? Scary. I lived in fear in Colorado just thinking about my family and friends in Virginia.

And when I said '10 minutes' - I meant it...and your hair is so short!

Hope you have an awesome birthday, your brother Mike too!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Amy!

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope the upcoming year is wonderful for you!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday!! You look so young for 21 ;)

Wow, was it really only 1985 Blockbuster opened? Jeesh, it feels like forever, but then of course I remember that VCR's weren't really popular until around that time. Damn, I'm old, lol. I remember my dad buying a VCR for my mom in around 84 or 85 and paid almost $500.00 for it!

I have a twin too! I always forget it is her birthday too though, lol.