Monday, October 16, 2006

In All Fairness

Friday we spent at the North Carolina State Fair. And no, we did not eat any fried coke, fried cheeseburgers, or fried snicker bars. We were good and held back from clogging our arteries for life.

Ashley had a blast. She rode all the rides she could by herself. My friend Julie and her daughter Jordan met us there and Jordan and Ashley were absolutely adorable on the rides together. They seemed like such big kids, getting on rides by themselves and then getting off by themselves. It almost made me want to cry.






And nope, no pictures of me. I really did think we took some, but I swear, this week. I have lost 28.5 pounds so far, so I should at least take one picture.

Audrey had her 9-month check up today and I was totally expecting for her to receive her first flu shot. But no, they ran out of flu shots the first week. What the hell? I thought there was plenty of supply?? And yes, I am a little psycho about the flu shot. The one year I didn’t get the flu shot, I got the flu. Two years ago Ray ended up in the ER with the flu. And my kids are in daycare, so I want to ward off anything I possibly can. They say they will get them in November. I hope they do.

So Audrey’s stats – she's a total lightweight. Ashley was over 20 pounds at 9 months. I know, you can’t compare kids and that is proven with Ashley and Audrey.

Height: 27 ½ inches (50%)
Weight: 17 pounds, 11 ounces (30%)
Head Circumference: 45 centimeters (81%)

Yes, my kids have big heads. Ashley was actually off the charts most of the time as an infant. Hence why I’m not having more kids.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Wow - she is a lightweight!! At 9 months my son weighed in at around 23 lbs, lol. Of course that is what you get when you start with a 10lb 1oz child ;)

Glad you had fun at the fair! We are going on Thursday I think - it is just so expensive, but I have to try to find the money because my son is obsessed with going on the ferris wheel!

Jaki said...

Looks like so much fun! Congrats on the 28.5 lbs!!! That is great! Sounds like I am as psycho about flu shots the opposite was as you are for getting them!! This is the last year that I will get one for Jeremy....and I never get them except when I was pregnant I did. There is too much evidence that they may contribute to Alzhimers and we have huge family history and don't want to increase our odds. Jordon looks so much like her dad!!!

Michele_3 said...

28.5 pounds!
You so ROCK girlfriend!
Keep up the good work, & send some of that motivation over here-PLEASE!

I was doing so great on SB diet & then I hit a wall, I need to get back to phase 1 but with so many events lately going on- It has been SUPER HARD to even begin it all again..

cute pixs of girls as always!
What exactly is fried coke & how do you even eat it? Ok-I'm a dork!
But we don't have our fair til February here..

Take care!

SJINCO said...

Way to go girl on the weight loss! You must be super proud.

Both my kids have big heads too - Keven Jr. can wear my baseball caps with no adjusting necessary!

And the pictures, so cute. I missed the fair in CO this year. Looks like you all had fun.

And yes, pictures! You must post pictures of yourself :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

My little one has got you beat. She is due for her 9 month checkup and will be going next week, but, she went to the dr. last week (her first fever) and weighs in at 15 pounds 9 ounces.

Silly Hily said...

Dood! You've lost 28.5 lbs so far. Go you!!!! That's fabulous darling.

I would have cried watching them get on and off the rides. But I'm crazy like that.

And Silly Boy is totally bigger and 3 months younger. Hehe.