Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sundays are for castle building


Today, Ray had to go to a walk thru for one of his clients. While there, Ashley decided that the three hour nap she took yesterday would suffice for yesterday and today and boycotted her nap. Which was fine since she was being good. Until she had to tell me something, then it was never ending:

"Mommy, did you see the castle I built?"
"Yes, Ashley, I see."
"Mommy, is that cool or what."
"Yup, cool."
"Mommy, can you look at the castle I made?"
"I already looked honey, I see it. Great job. Now Cinderella can take a nap."
"Moooommmy, come see the castle. Now."
After a deep cleansing breath, "Ashley, Mommy's right here, I see the tower, castle thing. Good, now build something else."
"Aww, I need help."

But she did okay without the nap. And yes, she is almost 3 1/2 and still naps. This is the girl who didn't sleep through the night until 18 months old, but she will probably nap until she's twenty. Now if I could only get them both to nap at the exact same time...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

My barely-4-year-old son is boycotting his nap as we speak. But his sister is on hour two of her nap. There was a brief span of 2 or 3 months where they DID sleep at the same time, and let me tell you, that was HEAVEN!