Monday, November 13, 2006

Writing and Blogging

I read some pretty interesting and in depth blogs lately that wrote about why they blog and what has become of their blog. I had no idea what a blog was just 6 months ago. My family and I moved 4 hours away from our extended family, and I wanted a way for them to stay connected with the girls. My extremely computer saavy brother suggested a blog. And then he told me to go check out Dooce as an example. I know, great example (and like she really needs me to link her blog here).

I, like so many others out there, am wondering what my blog means now. I can tell you what I want it to mean - I want it to mean great new friendships. I want it to be something my kids to look back on when they are old enough and see what they did. I want my writing to express me and how I really am and what I really mean. I want those who read this to cry or laugh with me, whatever the case may be.

And I have made great new friendships, like with Life and Times of a Working Mom. I read religiously all the blogs on my blogroll and love, and I mean love, them all. I would link them all here in this post as I want everyone to know that I totally would leave my children with them, but my fingers would get tired and then I would get crabby and that's not pretty. And I do have things my kids can look back and read as long as blogger doesn't eat my posts. I think my writing is how I am, I haven't had those who see me everyday say otherwise.

Great, now I have no idea where I was going with this. I guess I just wanted to say I appreciate those who come here and read. I appreciate all the comments. I have no idea how many people visit my site daily because just don't understand all that stuff. (Seems that Mrs. CPA knows much more about computer stuff then me.) I hope I am at least entertaining to everyone at least once.

7 comments:

Erin said...

That was so nice! I'm very glad that we "found" each other, lol, and I'm hoping one day soon we can get together!!

There is a moms group that are meeting up tomorrow - do you want to come? We're going to Cheesecake Factory at Crabree Mall - c'mon, come with me!

Michele_3 said...

I read your blog everyday
as well..
I feel so connected & supported in meeting other people or moms like you- who have the same views or go through the daily things that sometime I can tend to think i'm the only one going through those things at the time..

I started writing a blog a year ago, because i kept so much inside with my son's disorder and just being a SAHM-(SHOOT,JUST BEING A MOM IN GENERAL) you tend to really need an outlet to vent..
I'm glad you wrote this post, It is so nice to laugh, to cry, to understand and just to know you!
Keep writing!
(((MUCH HUGS))))

Happy Working Mom said...

I'm just like you...I had no idea what a blog was 6 months ago. But now I love that I have an account of what my kids were up do on an almost-daily basis :)

I love reading your blog everyday!

SJINCO said...

I too read your blog every day!! And really, even if you didn't blog I'd email you often and keep in touch just as we did before this blog stuff happened. You inspired me to start my blog - so THANK YOU! for that. My family looks forward to reading my blog, they love it!! I've even got my sister hooked on a few other blogs on my blogroll as well (yours included). I've even realized how much I enjoy writing, which is something I turned my nose up at before. I too hope my kids look back at this and enjoy reading about how they terrorized their parents :) And how much fun we've all had together. I look forward to great freindships, and meeting new people as well. Yay for blogs!! *weeps*.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I love your blog and I try to read everyday!!

Silly Hily said...

I have been super, duper busy lately and I HATE that I haven't been able to stop by every single day. Things should start to slow down soon though and I will no longer have to worry about missing a post.
And yeah, Mrs. CPA is the bomb diggity when it comes to computer knowledge.
And CPA Mom is just too sweet for her own good.

Stacey said...

What a nice post! I consider so many of the people I've met blogging to be real friends, although my husband doesn't get that concept, since I've never MET any of you. I read all your posts, but like today, I am catching up on 5 at once...lazy friend!