Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Post About Not What I Wanted To Post About Today

Yesterday was the last day of the hardest class I have had so far in the Master's program I am in. And supposedly it will be the hardest class I will take according to other class members. The class was Action Research, and not only did I have a 10,000 word team paper due yesterday, but I had a powerpoint presentation, two individual papers, and a statistical problem worksheet. I had worked ahead enough, but I had loose ends to tie up before turning some stuff in last night.

I keep all my schoolwork on a flash drive so I can carry it between home and work. I had taken it out at work yesterday thinking I would have time to do it, but I didn't. And when I went to work on my stuff at home last night, I realized I left the FREAKING flash drive at work.

So 9:00pm last night, I drove into my office to finish up my papers and stuff. Back home by 10:30, then I packed for our mini-vacation that starts TONIGHT. In bed at midnight, up at 1:00am with Audrey, 3:00am Ashley came into our room...you get the picture.

And no, this isn't what I wanted to post about today. I wanted to post pictures from my band concert from Sunday and a video. I thought I had emailed the pictures off of Ray's computer to me, but I didn't. And I can't get youtube to work.

This vacation can't come soon enough.

So tomorrow, band geek pictures...and a sneak peek into our vacation where I will be surrounded by CPAs and more CPAs.

Oh, and on a side note of band geek pictures, go check out my good friend Martha. She was in the band with me as of Sunday, but she is now happily married and moving to Virginia (I tried to tell her not to go). She is hilarious and I will miss her in band practice GREATLY. We normally have a great time making fun of people's feet (people, cut your toenails before they become weapons) and it will be very, very quiet without her. I am glad I discovered she had a blog as I can keep up with her after she moves.

I am also going to take this time to pimp out my good blogging buddy Sonia. Go vote for her here. And her shirts are way cool, she made one for Ashley for her birthday this month. Pictures of course later this month....

And congrats to Julie and Pamela for winning on my 300th post yesterday...look for something in the mail! Just a reminder though, I am not a creative person when it comes to gift giving.

11 comments:

Sunshine said...

Thanks for the love, you're the best! Mwah!

Anonymous said...

You're doing awesome with all you have going on right now. Enjoy the mini vacation--you certainly deserve it!!

Lost A Sock said...

Enjoy the heck out of your vacation - you deserve it!!

(I seriously don't know how you do it all. You are super mom, no question!)

Happy Working Mom said...

I hope you have a great time on your mini-trip!

I'm sorry about your stress...I hope this vacation clears everything up, and I'm glad your hardest class is done!

Julie said...

I was worried you were going to say your flash stick broke or that you lost it. "Glad" you only left it at work.

Have a wonderful vacation and a huge margarita - that will make you feel better! : )

Edie said...

Holy Cow! You do need a vacation!

Enjoy your trip!

my4kids said...

I think you deserve a vacation too. With 2 kids a full time job and going to school that will great to get away from work and school!

frannie said...

I hope you get some sleep on your vacation!!

la bellina mammina said...

One of those days huh? Have a great vacation!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I really hope you relax and enjoy your vacation! You certainly deserve it!! You amaze me with all you are able to do and you do it all so well!

Martha said...

yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy band geeks! have fun on your vacation! I got a job teaching four year olds, its going to be sweet.