Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to our regularly scheduled program

Ashley is finally back in school this week after what seemed like the longest track out in history despite the fact that it was only three weeks long. She had fun in camp, staying with all of her grandparents at some point in her vacation, and spending the weekend in Washington, DC with one of her best friends.

But last night was sort of weird. She went to bed early - at 7:30 - since she didn't sleep much the night before. I went into check on her before I went to bed around 10:00. She was sort of awake, kind of crying, so I talked to her and she rolled over and went back to sleep. Or so I thought she did.

About 10 minutes later, she called for me. She was really crying now, saying she couldn't get back to sleep and that she was having really bad thoughts. She ended up sleeping in our bed and wouldn't tell us what her bad thoughts were, not even this morning.

Of course Audrey ended up in our bed at some point as well, so I was squished between two little girls the entire night. But they woke up fine this morning and were excited to go back to school. I think everyone is ready to get back on our normal schedule.

3 comments:

SJINCO said...

Yeah for normal schedules!

I thought it felt good myself this morning getting the kids back to school. I thought for sure we'd have issues but everything went off without a hitch. My boys were excited to get back to school too! Now if only the weather would stop doing crazy things at the drop of a hat...

Happy Monday!

Moogie said...

I'm with SJ...yay for normal schedules. I'm glad things turned around and that the girls were doing well by morning.

Anonymous said...

Schedules are good. Really good.