Thursday, October 22, 2009

I tried out a Garmin watch, and now I want to marry it

It was so cool to come home and plug the Garmin watch into my computer and see my splits for each mile.

What was not cool was the fact that I had mapped out this 3 mile run, part on a trail, and it was actually 3.25 miles per the Garmin. So this whole time I was thinking I was running 3 miles, when it was actually more.

My coworker's boyfriend let me borrow his, and I am officially in love with it. So my stats for tonight:

Mile 1: 9:35
Mile 2: 9:54 (I had a really, REALLY bad side stitch for pretty much this entire mile)
Mile 3: 9:32
The last .25 we ran at a 8:29 pace.

So right now, I am sitting on the couch, watching the UNC/Florida State game and the Yankees game and browsing the internet for the cheapest Garmin I can find. Ray told me the purchase was "impulsive and luxurious". I agree with the luxurious thing, the impulsive, not so much.

5 comments:

Martha said...

It seems like you are pretty serious about your running, so I think you deserve it! Especially if it will help you stay motivated to keep going with your training.

Of course that's easy for me to say because it's not my budget :)

Jake from Garmin said...

Great to hear that you loved using the Forerunner so much! You can check out the various features at our learning center: http://bit.ly/3jjALl Even though this is for the 405, some of the features such as Virtual Partner (like running with someone who always does constant pace) and Auto Lap (GPS automatically marks your miles) work about the same on all Forerunners. Good luck with your training, and check out Garmin.blogs.com for more tips!

Carmen said...

I have married mine for sure! I love it and feel naked running without it. Maybe ours can have a date when you get yours.

Laura said...

I LOVE MINE!!! and I learn new and esciting stuff all the time from it!!! IT ROCKS!
have you tried the training buddy feature...oh ya baby!!!!! Bring it on!

SJINCO said...

I heard a little rumor that Amazon was having a great sale on these...

Did you check Amazon?