Friday, March 12, 2010

Ready for an update

Okay, so I am back to the land of the living. It has remained nice outside, and I am calmed down from the spam comments.

Just a few things to make me crazy this past week:
Ashley is tracked out of school, so our schedule is a little different. Ray is working some open houses every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until who knows when. We have juggled some mornings (Ray actually took the girls to camp/school twice this week) and I think just that difference makes my kids crazy. Audrey didn't want me to leave this morning, and normally she is very easy going. It might have had to do with her sleeping in our bed again and wanting to snuggle more, I don't know.

And Monday, well let's just say Monday of next week we had to call in the big guns for help (my Stepdad) as Ray and I are otherwise occupied and needed some help. And we really owe my Stepdad for this one!

I am on track with running and have 9 miles on the schedule for tomorrow. Last weekend, I was going to have to do my 8 miles alone, but a friend stepped up and ran it with me. Unfortunately for her though, she hadn't run that distance in a while, and now her knee hurts. And yes, I feel totally at fault.

I had an awesome run on the treadmill Tuesday night, and then last night it sucked. As in I only made it 2 miles sucked. It was so freaking hot in the gym and I was there at a time I normally don't go. I don't think I had enough energy in me.

Two more weeks until Raleigh Rocks and my second (third if you count my medals since I got a medal at Myrtle Beach for the cancelled race) half marathon. I am not as prepared as I was for OBX, but I am more prepared than I was for the cancelled Myrtle Beach race.

And some funnies from my kids lately?
Ashley and Audrey were putting on a show the other night (this is what they do almost every night), and Ashley came out and said she was going to play the part of "small town girl". No idea where that came from!

And I had something funny that Audrey said recently, and now I can't remember it. Gah. I hate it when that happens. I am sure I will remember it at 3 in the morning.

No comments: