Monday, December 06, 2010

First full weekend in December done

It was a packed weekend - Ashley had two sleepovers, Audrey had a birthday party and sleepover, Ray's company's Holiday party, Virginia Tech once again winning the ACC Championship game, and a pajama party exchange hosted at my house. Oh, and throw in a little bit of snow AND a sixteen miler, and I am done.


Friday night Ashley had a birthday party to attend and it was a sleepover. She has done plenty of sleepovers, but this was the first with a ton of girls. Nine total and they didn't get to bed until midnight, up at 6:00am. To say Ashley was tired on Saturday was an understatement.


Saturday morning I left the house at 6:30am to head to the American Tobacco trail for my 16 miler. It was 31 degrees out and cloudy. I was surprisingly not very cold in my triple layers, but I ran through all my tissues I brought for my runny nose by mile 3. I resorted to using my gloves to blow my nose. I did 16 miles in 2 hours, 39 minutes and some change, basically 10 minute miles which if I can run 26.2 miles in 10 minute miles, I would be ecstatic. The only issue I had was serious chafing from my sports bra even with putting on glide. It still hurts today.


Audrey had a birthday party that morning as well, and then it started snowing. Not enough to do anything, but enough to make the kids all want to go out and play. That evening the girls spent the night at a friend's house so Ray and I could attend his Christmas party and watch the Virginia Tech football game.

And now it's Wednesday, and this week has been packed too. Ray and Ashley leave for Texas on Friday for a long weekend, so Audrey and I get to enjoy some Christmas activities alone. We will be in our town's parade on Saturday morning. Ray and Ashley come back on Monday.

And yes, I have an 18 mile run scheduled. At this point I am doing it on Friday and let's hope it warms up. It was 17 degrees outside this morning. Brutal.

No comments: