Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Running again...

So a few weeks ago, I had something every night it seemed, and while most events (like me going to the gym) were after the kids went to bed, I still felt guilty and decided to reevaluate my running schedule for the fall half marathon. And with soccer/dance for Audrey and cheerleading/dance for Ashley this fall, our schedule gets a little crazy. That, and cheerleading is 2 nights a week from 6-7:30pm, and I just signed up to help out on the Tuesday night practices. Because as my friends would say, I can't say no.

That and last night on our night-run, it was pretty darn dark when my friend and I finished. There is a trail that is pretty short, maybe a quarter of a mile, that runs between Ashley's elementary school and our street and it goes through the woods. We hit that trail at 8:45pm last night and it was scary. Dark, scary, and we had just finished up a conversation about snakes. So needless to say, I was worried about stepping on one. So I think our nightly runs will have to take a backseat, or just run at the gym.

My running schedule which officially starts on August 23:
Mondays - speed work at the gym on the treadmill where I can concentrate on my pace
Wednesdays - morning run or lunchtime run (I work from home on Wednesdays)
Fridays - run at lunchtime at work (I did this in the winter)
Saturdays - long runs in the morning

So it will only be one night a week where I am at the gym at night. Last week I ran 20 miles for the first time ever in a week, but this training cycle I will get up to 30 miles in on week. Pretty scary!

1 comment:

Ann said...

We should coordinate a Monday evening gym meet up!