Friday, July 21, 2006

Ashley's Birthday

Today, Ashley, you are three. It is amazing to me that you are three. I look at your face when you are sleeping, and you seem like you are still so little, and then I look again, and you look like you are so much older than you really are. Like you already know all the answers to the why questions you keep asking me lately. But I know you still need me, and the day when you don't need me anymore will be the hardest day of my life. I love it that I can pick you up and hold you to stop you from crying when a stranger yells at you. I love it that when I get really upset and cry in front of you, you tell me, "Mommy, stop crying." I love that look on your face when you are really excited about something, like going to the pool, and that tilt in your voice when you say, "the pool?". I love it that you give big squeeze hugs and you try to kiss Crazy Uncle Mike on the lips even though he won't let you. I love it that you call all the Grandparents by their pets' names (i.e. Grandma Mocha, Ray's Mom whose dog is named Mocha), except my Dad and Stepmom who are Grandpa and Grandma Fuzzy due to my Dad's hairy back. I love how social you are, always wanting to go outside to play with someone, anyone. And I love how much you look like your Daddy, but how you have my personality. And I really love it when you tell Daddy you are Mommy's girl. You will always be Mommy's girl, and I love you.

4 comments:

Jaki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!!!
Wow, that blurb makes me cry!

Amy, don't worry about the day coming that Ashely won't need you anymore....that day will never come! A daughter always needs her mother!

Congratulations on your new 3 year old!

Jaki

SJINCO said...

Just wanted to wish Ashley a Happy Birthday! And I agree with Jaki - sniff, sniff!! What a sweet post, from a very loving, caring Mom. Now brace yourself. There's a 3 year old in the house!!!

Unknown said...

Very sweet post! My little boy is turning 1 next week and I'm already sad. He is growing so quickly.

Be Blessed!

Wendy said...

Okay, so you have me crying on this one too! I know exactly what you are talking about and I think some of the same things with Ethan. I can't believe how fast those 2 have grown up already yet how little they still are.

It amazes me how we have made it through some of our days with them becaue I know they have tested us to the limits. But then I can't remember too much without them.

I am glad they are friends and I know one day that will change when they are older and the differences of a boy and girl come out but it's great for now.

Just want to say thanks for your family being so great to us! I'm glad we are friends and you live close to me now!

Wendy